Project: Travel Journal
Keep all of your special travel memories safe and organized.
by Ginger Olivieri
Here’s a great way to make sure the memories of your trip stay fresh forever. It’s compact, portable and a convenient way to keep your photos, restaurant menus, train tickets, and all the small things that make your trip important to you.
With the UniKeep Mini View Case Binders, EnvyPak Photo Sheet Protectors, and Adhesive Pockets, you can create a Travel Journal that will keep all of your travel keepsakes safe, dry and organized.
And it looks great, too!
Here’s the list of items that I used; feel free to pick any supplies you like for your own project!
- UniKeep Mini View Case Binder, clear (A5, 32mm Binder) sku# 13311
- EnvyPak 4 x 6 inch Adhesive Photo Pockets sku# 12860
- EnvyPak Mini Page Protectorssku# 13547
- EnvyPak Mini 5 x 7 inch Photo Sheet Protectorssku# 14854
- EnvyPak Mini 3 x 5 inch Photo Sheet Protectorssku# 14874
- EnvyPak Adhesive Business Card Pocketssku# 12630
- EK Success Cutterpede
- EK Success Herma Vario Tab Adhesive
- The Paper Studio Bubble-A-Bilities “Travel”
- Sandylion Stickers #148776
- Studio 112 Clear Mini Stamps “Inspire, Imagine, Explore”
- Paper Pizazz 12 x 12 inch paper, “Travel East Collage paper”
- DCWV “The Rustic Stack” 12 x 12 inch paper pack
- Card stock paper
Using decorative paper, create a cover for your Travel Journal that measures about 14.75 in. x 9.125 in. Decorate and label your journal with fun stickers and embellishments.
Cut 5.75 x 9 inch rectangles out of a card stock paper and punch 3 holes into the left side of the rectangle. Use the template provided here to assist you in creating your page.
Decorate the Title Page
Create layouts for your page using decorative papers, embellishments, and photos from your travels.
On the reverse side of the page, attach EnvyPak Business Card Adhesive Pockets or 4 x 6 inch Photo Adhesive Pockets to store keepsakes such as tickets stubs, brochures, or foreign currency.
Title Page Tab
Using your choice of card stock, cut out a small rectangle measuring about 1.5 in. x 1.75 in. Fold the rectangle in half over the edge of the page. Allow the rectangle to extend beyond the edge a bit, creating your tab. Adhere to both sides of the page. Label and decorate.
Sheet Protectors and Photo Pages
Use EnvyPak Mini Sheet Protectors to hold additional keepsakes, or create new decorative pages to include in your journal. Mini Sheet Protectors hold pages up to 5.5 x 8.5 inches.
Add 3 x 5 inch or 5 x 7 inch photos to your journal with Mini Photo Sheet Protectors. Insert photos into the sleeves. Create your own 5 x 1.25 inch labels to include with your photos.
Your Finished Travel Journal
Place your journal cover into the overlay of the UniKeep Mini Binder.
Place your title pages, sheet protector pages, and photo pages into your journal to keep as a fun, personalized documentation of your travels.