Aside from our eco-friendly products, UniKeep incorporates Green initiatives into many aspects of our manufacturing and disposal methods, including: UniKeep firmly believes in the conservation of both ecological and economic resources. For over 20 years, UniKeep has sustained an environmentally conscious reputation beginning with our patented and award-winning Safety-sleeve® product. This unique sleeve design offers superior disc protection, manufactured of 100% recyclable polypropylene, as well as significant material and weight reduction. Standard Safety-sleeve® products have the exact height and width dimensions of a hard plastic jewel box, but the Safety-sleeve® thin profile uses less than 1/4 of the space of a jewel box.
UniKeep’s EcoEndureTM environmentally responsible products allow us to offer many of our standard products manufactured from a variety of eco-friendly materials, including: biodegradable polypropylene, PLA (polylactic acid) film that is made from plants, and products made from up to 85% recycled polypropylene. Our EnvyPakTM product line provides environmentally sound choices for marketers, designers and the direct mail industry.
The UniKeep U-1000 system was designed to offer a totally automated and flexible solution to an un- limited range of disc packaging requirements with the capability and reliability to meet high and growing production demands. It also requires less raw material since the profile of all finished sleeves have a uniform 5” height and the rolls of polypropylene are all provided to cut to size, leaving no trim waste.
- The lighting in our warehouse is on motion sensors so they are only on when someone is in that area, providing a 20% reduction in electricity usage.
- We use municipal water instead of ethylene glycol in our mold chilling system, reducing the amount of chemicals into the waste stream.
- We reuse newsprint and chipboard, boxes for in-house product, and plastic bags from raw material rolls as office trash can liners.
- Skid corner board from all goods received is reused on outgoing shipments.
- We reuse skids from incoming materials and customer supplied product.
- We utilize plastic gaylords for molding raw material pellets – these are reused instead of using cardboard gaylords.
- We reclaim 30,000 lbs. of molding regrind material each year.
In an effort to put less impact on the environment, we recycled 40,000 lbs. of otherwise unusable polypropylene, vinyl, and cardboard materials in the last year.
Our Operations team recycles:
- End-of-life UniKeep Binders and Wallets received from customers
- 8,000 lbs. of plastic disc blanks received from customer deliveries each year
- Unusable cardboard
- Polypropylene film scrap and all trim material
- Aluminum, steel and brass
All UniKeep Associates recycle:
- Pop bottles
- Unwanted mail
We hope you will carry on UniKeep’s Green efforts when you are finished enjoying our eco-friendly products.
CPSIA Raw Material Testing
CPSIA stands for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008. This act is a broad piece of legislation designed to improve the safety of, among other things, children’s toys and children’s products. This act has set specific upper limits for the amount of lead, lead compounds and specific phthalates (DeHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DnOP and DIDP) that a product can contain. UniKeep has test results confirming that our products meet the material requirements of the CPSIA.
To locate a recycling facility in your area
Please check with your city manager for your community’s recycling and controlled composting services. Since all communities may not have controlled recycling and composting facilities, we have included the following resources.
- Napa Recycling (by appt. only for compostable items)
- McGill Compost
- Find a Composter
Ship your used UniKeep products back to UniKeep for recycling
Our products are designed for long-term archival use. However, if your UniKeep products reach their end-of-life, please send them back to UniKeep for proper recycling.
16710 Industrial Parkway
Marysville, Ohio 43040
Recycling shipments should be limited to UniKeep products only. We welcome your suggestions and inquiries: For additional recycling information or questions, please direct your email inquiries to 800.829.8117.